Am I Crazy?

A few days ago Audrey had three bad napping days in a row. Really they were my fault as we were out and about and she got overtired which means she just couldn't go down for her naps and when she finally did, they were very short. After the third day, they caught up with her and she woke up multiple times in the night and at one point it took over an hour to get her back to sleep. (She discovered she can take her pacifier out of her mouth with her own hand. Too bad she hasn't discovered how to put it back in. Mental note: no more pacifier!)

That's when I decided: "That's it! I'm never leaving the house again."

I guess every mother is different. Some can't wait to get out of the house for some free time and I can't wait for plans to get cancelled so I can stay home again. I've always been a homebody so I guess it shouldn't come as a surprise. But sometimes it's difficult for an introvert to be married to an extrovert. At first I really appreciated how Ovi forced me to get out more and hang out with people. It helped me meet some great friends, but things change when there's a baby involved. I would love to go out but if Audrey doesn't sleep well then I pay for it at night and the next day. I don't say this to justify my staying in only to share my thoughts on the subject. This brings me to the next discussion topic in our family: trip to Mexico. What? Are you kidding me?

First, I can't leave her for five whole days while we enjoy the sun and sand. (Insert husband saying, "Yes, you are crazy.") Second, we can't take her with us and risk her getting sick on the airplane or in a different country where we are stuck and can't go home because our little baby is in some hospital where no one speaks English and everything smells. (Yes, all hospitals in all countries smell.) Sigh. So the answer is no Mexico. (Apparently I am told this topic is not yet closed. We shall see.)

Another topic of discussion: Ovi going back to choir. My understanding was that he would not go back until next Fall. It seems I am mistaken and he is going back this Spring. I know, it is very selfish of me to want him to delay serving at church.

Here's why I am nervous about it.
-On Sundays it means that we must get to church 30-40 minutes early. As anyone with kids knows, this is no easy feat. Especially since we live an hour away. Then he will be sitting with the choir the entire service leaving me alone with Audrey in the overflow room. (There is the possibility of leaving her in the nursery but I haven't felt comfortable with that yet. I see another discussion topic coming up.)
-Then there is practice every Wednesday night which means Ovi gets home late so no help with bath and bedtime.

I can just see some people rolling their eyes at my silliness. Am I crazy?

I guess there comes a point where we all have to do things out of our comfort zone. I'd like to pretend I can handle whatever life throws at me but somewhere in the deep dark corners of my conscience, I know the truth and you might as well too.

I guess Ovi can join choir in the Spring.....................but Mexico is another story.

Comments

Popular Posts