Happy New Year!

I hope everyone is having a great start to 2011. The past month has been very rough with Audrey's sleep or lack thereof but this week has been a little better and I hope and pray that is a good sign for what's to come. I have been thinking about what resolutions I wanted to make this year. At first it seemed pointless to make any as I wasn't sure I'd be able to keep them (my pessimism sometimes likes to rear its ugly head) but I decided to make a few anyway. Maybe a lot of them won't be kept very long but sometimes I think we all need to feel that we can start with a clean slate and change some things in our lives for the better. So here goes:

1. Have joy and praise God in all things!
This is a big one that I have been struggling with lately. I always think that if my situation were different somehow, I could have more joy. But God has been showing me that there is no ideal situation and joy is something I need to learn now. Life goes much more smoothly when we surrender all to Him and just let His joy and peace fill us. It's sounds so simple yet I have had such a hard time in this area. Lord give me the ability.

2. Be dilligent with my time.
In this I include finding time to have my devotions, keeping up with my writing and even finding time time for some fun stuff like crafting and reading.

3. Be more organized.
This will forever be on every year's resolution list but I find comfort in knowing that each year I will try again and maybe this will be the year I finally get my stuff together. One can dream.

That's it for now. I could go on but I find it's best to keep it simple and not overburden myself right from the start. I hope and pray the new year brings many more blessings to you all.

Feel free to share any resolutions that are really important to you this year.

Comments

Popular Posts