Baking Day!




So yesterday I told you about my crazy busy day of baking and I thought I'd share with you the results.

First I made some banana bread muffins and added blueberries to half the batch and chocolate chips to the other half. I used the recipe I found here. They were delicious. My husband, who does not like bananas, also said they were very tasty.




Then I made some english muffins. I know, they look a bit deformed because I crowded the pan when I let them rise and so they all stuck together. There was no good way to pull them apart without messing up the shape. Oh well. They still tasted super yummy. The recipe can be found here. I used the method of soaking your grains as I've been trying to incorporate more of that in our food. I didn't add the cinnamon and raisins because I wanted the option of using them for sandwiches too. The recipe says to use half of the bread recipe to make these but I used the entire recipe just for the muffins because we go through them quickly. I keep about a dozen in the fridge and store the rest in the freezer and pull them out when I need them.

That's all for my baking day. It's a lot of work but I'm always so glad when I'm done and I have yummy baked goodness at my fingertips =)

Comments

Popular Posts