Dreaming of a new home....


Much has happened since I last posted. Forgive me for slacking but things have been a bit hectic. We are no longer in our home and have moved in with my parents.

Let me explain. My husband and I had been discussing the idea of moving. Moving to be closer to family and church. We thought about possibly putting our place up for rent to see what would happen knowing we could move in with my parents anytime (they had a couple empty rooms). After discussing for a few months we finally decided to list. Well, it happened very quickly and within a month of us listing, we were moved in with my parents.

Things have been a little chaotic. We were living out of boxes for a few weeks until we could get everything put away and Audrey's room set up. We actually did not come with as much baggage as we anticipated as we were able to rent out our place fully furnished including linens and dishes. We are finally settling in and I've been dreaming of our new house lately. I'm excited about the prospect of getting new things since we left so much. It has really gotten me thinking about all that I own. I have become more ruthless in purging and selective about what I buy. I'm trying to remember the mantra that a few great, quality pieces are better than a house full of so-so pieces. It's hard sometimes to pass up a great deal but I have to ask myself if the quality is great and if I love it. Moving will definitely help you rethink all you own.

In the meantime, I've been gathering images of great spaces to inspire me.







Comments

Popular Posts