Mini Update and Organizing Encouragement

So it has been a bit crazy around here lately. I've been dealing with a fussy, teething baby and we've just recovered from all being sick...at..the..same..time. I'm so thankful I was able to have my MIL and other family come by to help. Needless to say, organizing has been put on the back burner as we have all been working to get ourselves back to health.

Since I am still nursing, I have been trying many natural remedies to get better and I feel they have really helped. I'm not normally a fan of medication anyway, especially when a natural remedy can work just as well, or in many cases, better. Although, when I was sick a couple months ago and developed a terrible cough that kept me up all night, I did end up taking antibiotics. After the fifth sleepless night, I got pretty desperate. I was able to avoid the terrible cough this time around I really feel that resting was a big help. The first day I felt sick, my husband and I went to bed at 8:00 pm and each night after I went to bed between 8:30-9:00 until I felt better. I also tried to nap when possible, although the girls didn't always give me more than 10-20 minutes to do that but I still felt that just laying down for 10 minutes was better than trying to do any work. I drank lots of warm liquids (tea, homemade chicken broth) and cut out/down on carbs and sugar. It was hard not to have my dark chocolate and raisins at the end of the day so that only lasted a couple days :) but I still feel it helped. My mom also gave me a recipe for a syrup to help with the cough. It was very yummy, so I took that a few times a day. Its basically grated fresh ginger, raw honey, fresh lemon juice and chopped pieces of lemon. I don't have the measurements but I would start with equal parts each and adjust until it tastes yummy but still has some kick from the ginger. I don't know if this prevented me from developing a bad cough but all the ingredients are very good for you when your body is fighting sickness anyway.

We are all feeling better now, although my youngest is getting some teeth and has been extra fussy lately so hopefully that resolves itself soon. I have started to work on the second week of organizing so I hope to share all that I've done with you soon.

I also wanted to just give some encouragement in case anyone else is struggling to keep up with organizing. Sometimes, life gets a bit crazy and you need to take a break, that's ok! Just get back to it as soon as you can. It may take longer that 52 Weeks to finish organizing but the end result will still be so rewarding! There may also be weeks that don"t take very long because your space is small or just isn't as messy. So let's get back to it, shall we?

In the meantime, I have also been watching some organizing videos on youtube that have helped to motivate me. If you need some motivation as well, they may help!

Alejandra Costello

Do it on a Dime


Comments

Popular Posts